To receive iScout alerts, you need to complete two steps:
- Give Permission
- Enable Alerts
Step 1) Giving Permission
When you first install the iScout app, it will ask permission to send you notifications. Press “Allow” to enable alerts.
If you don’t “Allow” notifications, you can enable them later within your device settings.
- Click or tap Apps > Settings > MORE.
- Click or tap Application manager > DOWNLOADED.
- Click or tap your Arlo app .
- Click or tap Show notifications to enable or disable push notifications.
- Open the “Settings” App
- Choose “Notification” > “iScout”
- Enable “Allow Notifications” and all other settings
- You may also want to change the alert style to “Alerts” so that it isn’t automatically hidden
Step 2) Enabling Alerts
Now that permission has been granted, you’ll need to enable alerts for your account.
- Open the iScout App
- Click “Alert Settings”
- If alerts are disabled, press “Send Alerts Here”
Testing Your Notifications
Now your alerts are enabled. You can verify this by opening your employee profile from the website.
- Login to your iScout site in your web browser
- Open your “Employee Profile”
- Scroll down to the iPhone or Android section
- Press “Test” next to your device
- This will immediately send you a test notification